- This event has passed.
Public Workshop regarding Proposed Amendments to Washoe County Development Code
January 5 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Thu Jan 5 – 5:00 to 6:30 pm at 1001 East Ninth Street, Building A; Rm A210, Reno
Washoe County is Seeking Public Input on Development Code Amendments Relating to:
Article 302 Allowed Uses, Article 304 Use Classification System, Article 406 Building Placement Standards and Article 902 Definitions to:
- Provide clarity on single-family accessory uses.
- Allow Child Care, Family Daycare use type within the General Rural regulatory zone.
- Allow Personal Services use type within the Industrial and Public and Semi-Public Facilities regulatory zones.
- Include information technology services within the Administrative Offices use type.
- Include contractor office with or without an equipment yard within the Construction Sales and Services use type.
- Create a definition for “security fence” and provide standards for allowing security fencing on parcels of land that do not have an established main use
- Allowing for tall specialty fencing for uses such as ballparks and sports fields
- Clarify the definition of “kitchen”
Washoe County staff will be available to discuss the proposed amendments from 5:00 pm to 6:30 p.m. Following public input, the amendments will be discussed by the Washoe County Planning Commission. The public hearing is tentatively scheduled for the February 7, 2023, Planning Commission meeting starting at 6:00 p.m.
Washoe County contact: Roger Pelham, MPA, Senior Planner, 775.328.3622, firstname.lastname@example.org