- This event has passed.
Washoe County Board of Commissioners Meeting
June 20 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue Jun 20 – 10:00 am at 1001 East Ninth Avenue, Building A, Reno. Public comment IS NOT available from the Incline Village Library and written comments are due by 6/16. If you’re unable to write by 6/16, feel free to send your comments to email@example.com before 3pm on Monday, June 19th and she will deliver them in person at the meeting on Tuesday.
- Recommendation to accept Treasurer’s status report for the period ending May 31, 2023, of payment of refunds and interest since last update in the amount of $737,546.97 on certain property tax overpayments for residential properties at Incline Village/Crystal Bay.
- Recommendation to award a bid and approve the Agreement to the lowest responsive, responsible bidder for the 2023/2024 Slurry Seal for Selected Streets in Washoe County, PWP-WA-2023-305, including the Base Bid, Bid Alternate 1 (additional micro and chip seal), Bid Alternate 2 (East Shore Trail Slurry Work), and Bid Alternate 3 (Incline Village Micro Mill).
- REMOVED FROM THE AGENDA – DEFERRED Recommendation to: (1) Provide direction to staff on initiation of regulations to allow for cannabis consumption lounges in unincorporated Washoe County as provided in Assembly Bill 341 (2021). Discussion and possible direction may include but not be limited to whether the Board of County Commissioners (Board) wants to allow for cannabis consumption lounges, the process for applications for licensing or permitting, locations where lounges would be allowable, site requirements for lounges, and limitations on approval of lounges; and (2) If the Board wishes to allow cannabis consumption lounges in unincorporated Washoe County, initiate amendments to Washoe County Code (WCC) Chapter 25 (Business Licenses, Permits and Regulations) and Chapter 110 (Development Code) pursuant to WCC Sections 2.030 and 110.818.05 to create the necessary code language to facilitate the Board’s policy direction regarding potential cannabis consumption lounges.
- Awards to: Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit in support of the North Lake Tahoe TART Connect Micro Transit Program in the amount of $400,000 and approve Resolution 23-72; Tahoe Lending Locals Project to incentivize Tahoe homeowners to support long-term rentals to locals rather than short-term vacation rentals in the amount of $350,000; Incline Village and Crystal Bay Community and Business Association (IVCBA) in support of IVCBA Housing and Mainstreet Initiatives in the amount of $100,000 and approve Resolution 23-76; Tahoe Transportation District in support of transportation projects in Lake Tahoe inthe amount of $37,500 and approve Resolution 23-77; · Tahoe Prosperity Center in support of the Housing Roadmap implementation andother community initiatives in Incline Village and Crystal Bay in the amount of $22,500 and approve Resolution 23-8.
- Public hearing: Approve an outdoor festival business license (pursuant to Washoe County Code Chapter 25 and related provisions) and associated license conditions for an application submitted by Travel North Tahoe Nevada, on behalf of the Incline Village Crystal Bay Drone SkyShow Coalition, to hold a “Drone SkyShow” event on July 4, 2023, at 948 Incline Way (APN: 127-030-15), the Incline Village Visitor Center Park and ball fields.
Agenda and supporting documents is available here: https://www.washoecounty.gov/bcc/board_committees/2023/files/agendas/2023-06-20/BCC%20-%206.20.23.pdf