- This event has passed.
Washoe County Planning Commission
February 1 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The meeting agenda is available here. The agenda provides instructions on how to provide public comment. This meeting will be held in the County Commission Chambers and via Zoom webinar. To participate via Zoom, please log into the Zoom webinar at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84272659406, or you can join by typing zoom.us into your computer browser, clicking “Join a Meeting” on the Zoom website, and entering this Meeting ID: 842 7265 9406. NOTE: This option will require a computer with audio and video capabilities. Alternatively, you can join by telephone only by dialing +1-669-900-9128, entering the Meeting ID: 842 7265 9406 and pressing #.
Homeowner requests County to Abandon 0.175 acres of lake front property at 1713 Lakeshore
Abandonment Case Number WAB19-0002 (Romance Avenue) [For possible action] – For hearing, discussion, and possible action to approve the abandonment of Washoe County’s interest in 20 feet of width (±2,950 sq. ft) of the southern portion of a 50 foot wide unimproved right-of-way at the terminus of Romance Avenue between Lake Tahoe and Lakeshore Drive. If approved, the area will be abandoned to the abutting property to the south of the abandonment site, which is owned by Richard & Lillian Dixon at 1713 Lakeshore Drive (APN: 130-331-05). The request to abandon this right-of-way is made pursuant to NRS 278.480 and related provisions in the Washoe County Development Code.
• Applicant: Richard & Lillian Dixon
• Property Owner: Washoe County
• Location: Between parcels 130-331-04 & 05 off Lakeshore Drive,
• APN: to be abandoned to 130-331-05
• Parcel Size: ±3,231 square feet
• Master Plan: Tahoe East Shore
• Regulatory Zone: Tahoe East Shore (TA ES)
• Area Plan: Tahoe
• Development Code: Authorized in Article 806, Vacations and Abandonments of
Streets and Easements
• Commission District: 1 – Commissioner Hill
• Staff: Julee Olander, Planner
Washoe County Community Services Department
Planning and Building
• Phone: 775.328.3627
• E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org